Friday, December 9, 2016

Apollo 13

Apollo 13 is docudrama space adventure film and it was based on a true story. Jim Lovell is a former NASA astronaut and famous as the commander of the Apollo 13. And he wrote and published “Lost Moon(1994)” about Apollo 13. And it was made into a movie in 1995. In the movie, Tom Hanks played the role of Jim Lovell. As you know, Tom Hanks is really popular in the world. He played “Forrest Gump (1994)”, “The Green Mile (1999) “ and “Cast Away (2000)”. He has won a Golden Globe Award, Academy Award for Best Actor, Screen Actor Guild Award, People’s Choice Award, and so on.
Apollo 13 was the third mission to go to the moon. The three astronauts tried to go to the moon. At first, there were some problems with lift off. However, somehow they could go into the space. It was not as bad as they thought.
Houston gave the order to Jack but suddenly, the oxygen tank exploded. It is for their oxygen, drinking water, supplying electricity, and putting the spaceship in motion. They still tried to go to the moon but Houston didn't allow them to go there. So, they decided to go back to the earth. And then there were a lot of troubles to go back to the earth. For example, they found that they would lose the electricity. Fred had been quite sick because of cold and dehydration. The air-conditioner was broken. And the ship was deviating widely from the intended course. However, they could overcome these. When they got closer to the earth, Jim watched the tank that is broken. They hoped that they could go back to the earth. When the spaceship entered the atmosphere, the signal of the spaceship stopped. Houston waited for the signal for a few minutes but there was no message from the spaceship. Houston thought they are not alive but 4 minutes later, Houston found the orange parachute. Finally, they could come back to the earth.

When I watched this movie, I didn’t know that it is a true story. So, I'm really surprised. If I were Jim, I couldn’t do anything. I really impressed by this. Also, I want to read “Lost Moon”. What's more, recently, there are some ways to go to the galaxy, someday, people can go there easier. I can't wait for the day. However, I hope that there will be no accidents with spaceships in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment