Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Romeo and Juliet

I watched Romeo + Juliet. I knew Romeo and I Juliet but I havre never seen it. So, I was really happy to see this movie. I know the story of Romeo and Juliet. It was written by Shakespeare as a play in about 1595. Also, it is a tragedy. There are four famous tragedies that Shakespeare was written by, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello, and King Lear. However, the theme of these plays are different from Romeo and Juliet. I have watched Othello before and it was really interesting. However, Othello is about treachery, racial discrimination, and malice. Meanwhile, Romeo and Juliet is about true love. It is very different things. 
In Act 1, Juliet said "My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, That I must love a loathed enemy". She laments for her love because there are a lot of difficulties. I can't understand how much she suffers from because I don't have a lineage like Romeo and Juliet. However, people often say that if there is in the way to love, it will be a passionate love. I think this saying is from Romeo and Juliet. 
In Act 2, there are most famous phrase in Romeo and Juliet. Juliet said, "O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I’ll no longer be a Capulet. ‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy; Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What’s Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other word would smell as sweet." I watched this movie in Japanese but in these phrases, I watched in English. I think it is better than Japanese because I can feel exactly what Shakespeare wrote. 
I really enjoyed watching this movie because it is all beautiful. For example, actors and actresses are so gorgeous. I thought I want to love like Leonardo Di Caprio. What's more, I want to watch other plays of Shakespeare. It was very great time to watch Romeo and Juliet.
384

No comments:

Post a Comment